The last two months have brought about a number of changes to Alma Community Care's spring schedule due to the pandemic. While our monthly Parenting Seminars at three local schools have been temporarily put on hold, our commitment to mental health awareness and education has not.
The weekly update and reminder texts we typically send our Alma parents are now being used to offer them helpful tips, much needed sanitary supplies, and ways to find joy during these uncertain times.
In collaboration with our partnering therapists, Alma is providing daily bilingual parenting tips on Facebook and Instagram as well as offering blog posts to continue supporting our parents during this difficult season.
For the month of April, we dedicated each day to the following topics:
· Mondays — Connecting with your kids; · Tuesdays — Caring for your heart and mind;
· Wednesdays — Finding community resources;
· Thursdays — Being thankful; and
· Fridays — Caring for your marriage.
We will continue with this daily social media format into the coming months adding new topics and content to support our parents.
Additionally, we also collaborated with Servant Church of San Diego in order to offer our Parenting Seminar attendees and their families:
· Free sanitary paper goods (toilet paper, Kleenex, wipes, etc.)
· Easter egg hunt gift bags — bags full of pre-filled eggs, toys and Gospel tracts in English
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram and join our email list to receive the latest blog posts to stay connected to all the ways we are serving our community of Greater Logan Heights!